This step-by-step guide on how to buy Holo (Hot) will walk you through the steps on buying Holo with USD on Binance safely and securely. These are the best ways to invest and trade Holo. This cryptocurrency buying guide is meant for for beginners and starting investors.
We are a community of passionate humans building a distributed cloud, owned and run by users like you and me.
Holo provides a way to unleash the enormous idle capacity in everyone’s computers. This gives us the power to build vibrant cloud hosting communities that will challenge how the Internet monopolies control our data and our interactions. Holo offers each of us the ability to participate by sharing, earning, and building the future of the web.
Read the Whitepaper.
How to Buy Holo in the US
Quick reference instructions, followed by more detailed instructions and screenshots below.
- Open an account on Coinbase.
- Open an account on Binance.
- Buy Ethereum ETH on Coinbase. ETH has a lower exchange and conversion fee and is faster than Bitcoin.
- Fund your Binance account with the Ethereum you just purchased. Note: Coinbase will charge a transfer fee, so make sure you purchase and send enough to make it worth it. I recommend at least $500 at a time.
- Open the Exchange page on Binance and trade as you will.
The reason you must fund Coinbase first is the company accepts FIAT currencies, i.e USD, EUR, etc. From there, you can take your FIAT converted to ETH and purchase Holo, or any other coin at Binance.
These two companies are the most reputable I have currently encountered and used. Fees are reasonable compared to other options I’ve tried.
Coinbase: $8.25 to transfer to Binance
Binance: 0.1% trading fee.
Binance: Free to withdraw from Binance back to Coinbase – currently 0.1 Holo.
Coinbase to Bank Account ACH: Free.
Total estimated fees on a $500 investment based on January 2018 rates: $13.25
Open an account in Binance.
Verify as necessary. The further verifications provided, the more you can deposit and withdraw at a time.
Click over to Funds, then Deposits and Withdrawals. You will be presented with a screen showing all of the available cryptocurrencies.
Click on Deposit for Ethereum.
You will be presented with an address to send your Ethereum to as a deposit. Copy the one time use address from Binance and paste it into the Coinbase accounts page under the Send button. The screenshot below shows BTC, but you will want to click on ETH.
Once the fund have finished transferring, head over to the Binance exchange.
Binance allows you to set limit, market, and stop-limit orders on buying and selling.
You are on your own from here. Good luck! To withdraw from Binance, go back to the Funds Deposits and Withdrawals page and click on the Withdrawal button for whatever currency you have.
Step by Step Instructions for using Binance
Now that your Ethereum has been successfully added, you can click Funds, then Deposits Withdrawals. Right in front of the coin you transferred, the total balance should reflect the value of Bitcoin or Ethereum you transferred.
- Click on Exchange, right beside the Binance Logo, then select the Basic option.
- On the Exchange page, look to the top right corner where you find the market pairs section above Trade History.
- Look for the market pair you want to exchange. In this case, locate the Holo/ETH pair and click (search for Holo/BTC if you funded your account with Bitcoin).
- The page loads the Holo/ETH pair, and you are set to exchange your coins for Holo.
- Beneath the chart, locate Buy Holo section.
- The first box shows the value of ETH per Holo to be purchased.
- The second box is for you to enter the amount (number of coins) of Holo you want to exchange for your BTC or ETH you funded.
- Below the Amount box, you have options to use 25%, 50%, 75%, or all of your deposited funds to buy the Holo cryptocurrency.
- The total box shows you how much BTC or ETH you are paying to buy the quantity of Holo you entered.
- Click the Buy Holo button.
Within some few seconds, you should have the Holo you have exchanged credited to your Holo wallet on the Binance platform.
Your Holo cryptocurrency is now available to be sent out to your wallet outside the exchange.
Is Holo (HOT) a Good Investment?
Coin Specs – Holo ICO Quick Facts
Token Information: HoloTokens (HOT) are temporary ERC20 tokens purchased with ETH which will become exchangeable for Holo fuel when the Holo ecosystem launches later in 2018. More information about HoloTokens.
Token Pricing : 1 ETH buys 4,410,747.31 HOT
Minimum Purchase : 0.1 ETH
Initial Supply: €2.5M (25,000,000,000 HOT)
Hard Cap: €25M (250,000,000,000 HOT)
Minimum Threshold (Already met): €1M. If we raise less than this we will return the ETH to all participants, by executing an off-chain script not included in smart contract code, and will fulfill the project through other funding strategies.
Token Distribution: Whatever has been minted during the ICO + 33.3% more HOT than were purchased will be minted for the Holo organization and team, such that 25% of all tokens are held by the organization and team, and 75% are held by the community
ICO period: Thursday, 29 March 2018 10:00 a.m. GMT to 28 April 2018 at 10:00 a.m. GMT (Tokens become transferable upon ICO close).
Holochain helps people:
- Own their own data
- Control their identity
- Connect applications to suit their needs
- Transact without centralized systems
- Build lighter, faster, cheaper applications
Holochain apps help:
- Governance & Collaboration
- Social Media, Social Networks, & Vendor Links
- Sharing Economy & Platform Co-ops Apps
- Supply Chain Wins & Social Communities
Holochain applications (hApps) are held entirely by people. No trusted third parties. No central points of failure. They enable direct architectural consent and cryptographic communication that are low risk, for less cost.
Each agent owns an immutable hash chain and stores public data as a monotonic DHT node. Think lightweight, secure decentralized computing possible on mobile devices!
Every application runs its own holochain on its own terms, with cheaper hosting overhead. Since users are hosts, as more agents use an app, more hosting power and storage becomes available. The load gets lighter!
Each agent’s source chain holds the app’s “DNA”—the code that runs the app. Its peer validation requirements ensure secure apps. That data cannot be counterfeited, tampered with, or lost. Each app stores its data in a validating DHT creating redundancy of public data across randomized nodes. When nodes go offline, the DHT is self-healing and rebalances the data to different nodes. And if someone alters their own app code they effectively fork themselves out of the shared DHT space into an entirely different application.